Choosing a Shade for Your Porcelain Veneers
Choosing the color you want your porcelain veneers is not always the easiest task, but with our simple steps to the perfect porcelain veneers, selecting the right shade is a snap.
Step 1: Determine the category of the porcelain veneers you would like
A porcelain veneer shade worthy of the red carpet, ultra white porcelain veneers are fashionably appealing but buyers beware, the whiter the smile, the less convincing the porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneer shades commonly chosen in this category are Ivoclar Bleach Shades of 010, 020
White, bright, and healthy is the goal of natural glow porcelain veneers. Achieving that healthy balance between white and natural porcelain veneers is no small feat, but when the porcelain veneer shade is chosen carefully, your porcelain veneers will effortlessly enhance your smile, giving you an irresistible glow. Porcelain veneer shades commonly chosen in this category are, Ivoclar and Vita shades 030,040, B1
Mature Maven porcelain veneer shades are geared toward age-appropriate porcelain veneers. For some patients, porcelain veneers look most natural when a shade is chosen that is age-appropriate. Discuss your goals with Dr. Eshom to determine if this porcelain veneer shade category is right for you. Porcelain veneer shades commonly chosen in this category are A1, A2, A3
Step 2: Narrowing down your porcelain veneer shade choices:
Now that you have categorized your porcelain veneer shades, have Dr. Eshom show you the available options. Hold the color samples up to your existing tooth color and decide if the shade change is desirable. Don’t be afraid to express your thoughts, choosing a shade for you porcelain veneers is a big part of the porcelain veneer treatment process.
- Compare porcelain veneer shade samples
- Look at pictures of other patient’s porcelain veneers done with your porcelain veneer shade of interest
- Test Drive your porcelain veneer shade- Dr. Eshom can make your temporary porcelain veneers the same color that you have chosen. Try out the shade while you are waiting for the final porcelain veneers to be fabricated.
- Ask friends and family what they think about the porcelain veneer shade you have chosen.
- Talk to Dr. Eshom about increasing or decreasing the whiteness of your porcelain veneers.
Step 3: Select a final shade for your porcelain veneers
Choose your final porcelain veneer shade and be confident that the ultimate result is a smile that reflects the inner you.
To be confident in your final choice make sure your cosmetic dentist takes the time to discuss your shade choices and is willing to address the steps listed above.